In August 2022 Next completed an investment in JUCY Group (‘JUCY’). JUCY is a leading operator of campervan and car rentals across Australia and New Zealand, providing ~1,000 campers and ~800 cars across nine locations.
Investment highlights include:
- Leading brand focusing on the frequent travelling of the 18 to 34 age demographics
- High levels of international recognition and established wholesale partners globally
- Significant reach and branch network in key tourism markets across Australia and New Zealand
- Unique IP and in depth customer knowledge due to its decades of experience in the youth campervan segment
- Opportunity to capitalise on re-opening of COVID-19 border closures and the imminent rebound in tourism demand
Recently, JUCY has also signed binding commitment to purchase the Star RV business from the soon to be merged THL/Apollo group:
- A fleet of relatively new, high quality campervans across Australia and New Zealand
- Premium brand focused on a superior offering to the high spend 40+ demographic
- New locations across Australia and New Zealand to service both JUCY and Star customers
- Additional wholesale relationships to complete the international distribution channels
The Star transaction is expected to complete in early December and will see the combined JUCY/Star business move into the clear #2 position in the Australasian market.